Codepal Support is just a phone call away. Call our office anytime between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Central Standard Time for assistance. In the meantime, here are some helpful tips and tricks.
Contact us by phone at 217-787-1133 or email at email@example.com
How to find help in the software
On the main menu screen within Codepal click on the word Help. This menu contains help files for using Codepal, setting Codepal up (if you’re an administrator) as well as Release Notes for version updates and upgrades.
Help is a pop up tool that will take you through the software and explain how to use Codepal.
Setup Help is a pop up tool that will take you through the software Setup Console and assist you in how to set up any feature in Codepal.
Release Notes contain details on features and bug fixes in each release.
Remote support will take you to our Codepal Support Site for connecting with a Codepal Team Member.
This is a link to our Blog on this website.
Frequently Asked Questions
What hardware recommendations do you have?
CodePal Hardware/Software Requirements
PC / Server Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or higher.•Access to a user account with Local Administrator privileges to install software
- 2.0GHZ Multi-core processor minimumoIntel Core i7 or higher
- 8GB RAM minimum
- 256GB SSD Minimum (at least 1024GB is recommended).
- Plan ahead for disk space needs. The addition of other programs and Windows updates can quickly use up available space.
- Storing Files/Images in the Codepal database can cause the database to require significant amounts of storage.
- Network connectivity (Internet, LAN,WAN, etc.)
*Tablet devices are almost impossible to upgrade after purchase. For this reason, the Codepal Team recommends purchasing the most drive space and RAM you can afford up front.
**It is not recommended to install the Codepal database on a server that is acting as the network domain controller due to performance issues.
Additional Requirements for Windows 10
- Windows 10 Pro OS (For Domains)
- Local administrator privileges for Codepal Users
- SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition (or higher Standard Edition)
Can I track inspections with open violations?
Yes. Codepal has multiple ways to track these open violations.
- Auto re-inspections can be configured to assure you do not miss follow-ups.
- Violation search grids give you unlimited access to every violation or referenced violation you track in Codepal. Our intuitive grids allow you to sort, filter and group. This makes finding any data on your issued violations easily obtained.
- On the address search grid we offer a quick glance at a number of open violations at each address.
Schedule a demo today to see these features!!
How to schedule a demo.
A demo can be requested via phone or email.
In order to get to know your needs, these are some questions we may ask:
- What type of organization do you represent?
- Give examples of the type of work you do.
- Do you have a goal in mind?
Because we serve several industries, our software is flexible. We ask these types of questions to be able to showcase how our software works for you. It’s important to us, not to waste your time showing you features that are of no interest.
Where can my data be stored?
Your data is stored in a SQL Server either locally, on the Azure Cloud, or the Azure Government Cloud.
We offer options to make your data storage work for you.
What is the current Codepal version?
The recent version available is 8.9.0.
If you do not have an up to date version of Codepal – please call our office to discuss how to upgrade.
How do I add a licensed device to our agreement?
To add licensing to your current agreement you must first speak with a sales representative. You may call the office at 217-787-1133 to speak with our sales rep.
How do I contact a sales representative?
You can call the office at 217-787-1133 or email info@localhost.
How do I contact the Codepal Team?
The best way to contact a Codepal team member for any question is by phone at 217-787-1133. If it is after hours or you’d rather email, please email info@localhost or tech.support@localhost.